A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren’t Books) That I’d Like To Own (new bookshelves, bookends, cool bookmark, a bookish shirt, etc. You can add things you DO own if you want).
1. More Bookshelves – I just bought some but there is at least one more on my list. I’m having to weed to make things fit so more is always good!
2. Bookish Shirts – I love bookish t-shirts but I already own too many t-shirts for someone who can’t wear them to work. This one is iconic. Yet this NIMH shirt, though almost movie-esque calls to my inner nerd.
3. Other Bookish Wear – I even have bookish earrings. I think this scarf or something like it would be super fun.
4. A Tattoo – That counts as own right? I have to pay money for it. There are several authors I could see drawing inspiration from, but Tamora Pierce probably tops the list.
5. Bookish Art – Not that we really have naked walls, but I have seriously thought about trying to get framed prints of artists I like or looking for beat up book copies that I could frame pages from. I really like the color in this piece and think it would make good inspiration.
6. Bookish Ornaments – I have one bookish ornament and I think it would be fun to have all kinds in a tree.
7. Journal – I love journals. I already own too many, but I love them. Especially the pretty ones.
8. Kindle – I don’t know that I will ever do it but sometimes I seriously consider it. Just because of the convenience and I’m not allowed to cover the whole house in bookshelves. I dunno….
9. Bookends – I love bookends but we barely have room for the ones we have there are so many books!
10. Bookmarks – I also have a ton of bookmarks, some of which I have made.